The most expensive in a lot of markets, second most expensive in some markets. If your looking to drive in style with a lot of space to boot, then look no further than Uber SUV.
It doesn’t get much more expensive than this on the Uber platform, but you’ll have plenty of happy customers if they decide to go with this style car service.
This page will be dedicated to showing you what the Uber SUV car requirements are to qualify to drive.
If you would like to see the car requirements for other Uber services just click below on any of the services you would like to drive for.
What Is Uber SUV
Uber SUV is similar to Uber Black, except for the fact that this is a luxury SUV allowing for more space for the passengers. As a passenger, you’ll be getting picked up from anything between an Escalade to a Mercedes-Benz.
It’s always good to treat yourself to a nice ride every once in awhile. So, try out the service one of these times as a customer and see how you like the ride.
Uber Car Requirements
Each Uber service has a different set of car requirements. Just like Uber Black, Uber SUV has similar requirements. But, I’ll just explain them below.
Every person that wants to be an Uber driver must meet these basic requirements regardless of the Uber service you choose to drive for:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must Have a U.S. Driver license for at least a year.
- You must have an in-state Drivers License.
- You must have in-state license plates
- Have current car registration
- Car Insurance reaching the minimal state requirements (Name must show on your policy)
- You must have a clean driving record.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
Uber SUV Car Requirements
Below is a list of the car requirements to qualify to be an Uber SUV driver:
- Model Year: Must be 2010 or newer*
- 2010 or newer: New Jersey, Dallas
- 2012 or newer: San Francisco
- 2013 or newer: Los Angeles
- 2014 or newer: Seattle, Chicago
- Body Style: Must be a 4-door vehicle
- Seating: Must comfortably seat 6 or more passengers
- Must be a full-size SUV (full list of qualifying vehicles is available below)
- Must have a black interior AND exterior
- Must have commercial insurance
- Must have a TCP permit
- Must have a city-specific airport permit, when required
- No marked, taxi, or salvage titled vehicles
- Vehicle must be in excellent condition
- Must pass the Uber car inspection
* Car year requirements vary by city and are subject to change at Uber’s discretion.
Eligible Cars For Uber SUV
In order to create a luxurious atmosphere for the customer you have to create higher standards for the vehicles. Below is a list of eligible vehicles, though it can vary city to city.
- Escalade ESV
- Tahoe Hybrid
- Yukon XL
- GL Class
- R Class
So there you have it. Those are the car requirements for being an Uber SUV driver. More space in your car for bigger fares while you drive. Click on the link to learn how to sign up for Uber in 3 simple steps. If you have any questions leave a comment below.