Uber Select is a step above the normal everyday car. This is where you start going from everyday vehicles to the entry level luxury cars.
There aren’t as many on the road and the fares are much higher than the Uberx, but still shouldn’t kill your wallet if you decide to be a passenger instead of a driver.
This page is dedicated to showing you what the Uber Select car requirements are needed to qualify to drive.
If you would like to see the car requirements for other Uber services just click below on any of the services you would like to drive for.
What Is Uber Select
Uber Select, also known as Uber Plus in some areas, is the beginning of luxury cars on the Uber platform. The cars look nicer, the fares are higher, and you’re not competing with as many Uber drivers for that “next” ride.
While I will always recommend starting off on UberX, Uber Select is a great option for those who already have good looking, comfortable cars to drive in.
This the platform where you will start seeing more people with Audi’s, BMW’s, and Mercedes Benz’s picking you up instead of some Toyota Prius.
How To Become An Uber Select Driver
One of the most asked questions I’ve been receiving is, “How do you become an Uber Select driver if your vehicle qualifies?
So let me explain the steps:
- You must sign up to drive as an Uberx or UberXL driver first. (You can’t skip to Uber Select without completing this step)
- You must complete 50-100 trips as an UberX or UberXL driver.
- You must maintain between 4.7-4.8 driver rating and maintain it. Aim for 4.8 to be safe.
- Once you complete steps 1-3 Uber should upgrade you automatically to receive Uber Select request. If they don’t send them a message.
As long your car qualifies in your city it should be pretty easy to complete these steps.
One thing to note: Depending on the city you drive in, you will also be required to maintain an 80% acceptance rate or above.
You can become an Uber driver in these three easy steps.
Uber Car Requirements
Each Uber service has a different set of car requirements. Uber Select is where Uber really starts getting more picky with the car requirements, but there are still plenty of cars to choose from to drive on this ride-sharing platform.
Every person that wants to be an Uber driver must meet these basic requirements regardless of the Uber service you choose to drive for:
- You must be 21 years of age or older.
- You must Have a U.S. Driver license for at least a year.
- You must have an in-state Drivers License.
- You must have in-state license plates
- Have current car registration
- Car Insurance reaching the minimal state requirements (Name must show on your policy)
- You must have a clean driving record.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
Uber Select Car Requirements
Below is a list of the car requirements to qualify to be an Uber Select driver:
- Model Year: Must be 2009 or newer*
- Entry-level, 5-passenger luxury sedans only (full list of eligible vehicles is available below)
- Body Style: Must be a 4-door vehicle
- Vehicles must seat 4 passengers (excluding the driver)
- Vehicles with a 3rd row of seating are ineligible for SELECT in San Francisco
- Leather or vegan leather interior required
- No rental vehicles
- No cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding or taxi color paint jobs
- No marked, taxi, or salvage titled vehicles
- No large passenger vans or commercial/Heavy Duty trucks
- Must pass the Uber car inspection
* Car year requirements vary by city and are subject to change at Uber’s discretion.
Also Uber Select is not available in all markets
Qualifying Cars For Uber Select
While this isn’t high-end luxury driving, it is still a step above the rest. Your vehicle must meet slightly stricter requirements and they are more expensive vehicles to drive.
While eligible cars can slightly change city to city, I have compiled a list of qualifying cars for the San Francisco and Los Angeles market.
Most vehicles should qualify in other markets as well, but double check with your local Uber support team to be sure that your car does qualify.
Below is a list of all the eligible Vehicles that I have found. Some vehicles that are eligible must be a certain year or newer.
- Acura – RDX
- Acura – RL
- Acura – RLX
- Acura – RSX
- Acura – TLX
- Audi – A4
- Audi – A5
- Audi – A6
- Audi – A7
- Audi – A8
- Audi – Q3
- Audi – Q5
- Audi – R8
- Audi – S3
- Audi – S4
- Audi – S6
- Audi – S7
- Audi – S8
- BMW – 3 Series
- BMW – 4 Series
- BMW – 5 Series
- BMW – 7 Series
- BMW – M3
- BMW – M5
- BMW – M6
- BMW – X1
- BMW – X3
- BMW – X4
- BMW – X5
- BMW – X6
- Buick – Enclave
- Buick – LaCrosse
- Buick – Regal
- Cadillac – ATS
- Cadillac – CTS
- Cadillac – DTS
- Cadillac – SRX
- Cadillac – STS
- Chrysler – 300
- Hummer – H2
- Hummer – H3
- Infiniti – EX
- Infiniti – FX
- Infiniti – G Sedan
- Infiniti – I
- Infiniti – M
- Infiniti – M-Class
- Infiniti – Q40
- Infiniti – Q50L
- Infiniti – Q60
- Infiniti – Q70
- Infiniti – QX50
- Infiniti – QX56
- Infiniti – QX70
- Jaguar – S-Type
- Jaguar – X-Type
- Kia – K900
- Land Rover – Evoque
- Land Rover – LR2
- Land Rover – LR3
- Land Rover – LR4
- Lexus – ES
- Lexus – GS
- Lexus – GX
- Lexus – IS
- Lexus – LS
- Lexus – LX
- Lexus – RX
- Lincoln – MKC
- Lincoln – MKT
- Lincoln – MKS
- Lincoln – MKX
- Lincoln – MKZ
- Lincoln – Navigator
- Mercedes Benz – C-Class
- Mercedes Benz – E-Class
- Mercedes Benz – GL-Class
- Mercedes Benz – GLK-Class
- Mercedes Benz – M-Class
- Mercedes Benz – S-Class
- Porsche – Cayenne
Porsche – Cayman(2 door- doesn’t qualify)
- Porsche – Macan
- Porsche – Macan Turbo
- Porsche – Panamera
- Tesla – Model S
- Tesla – Model X
- Toyota – Avalon
- Volkswagen – CC
- Volkswagen – Touareg
- Volvo – S60
- Volvo – XC90 (Ineligible in San Francisco)
Eligible vehicles are subject to change at Uber’s discretion and can vary depending on the city.
So there you have it. Those are the car requirements for being an Uber Select driver. When passengers get in your car they will be a lot happier with their choice when they see you driving that Mercedes or BMW.